Please sign in to post.

OMNIA Vatican and Rome Card worth $108? Very conflicting reviews!@

Hey anyone who knows rome,
Is this OMNIA Vatican and Rome Card worth purchasing or am I better off just buying and booking a few tours with Viator? Ill be in Rome for 5 days from June 23-28. The card costs $108 each (3 of us are traveling). I thought that maybe having bus transport would be helpful as we are staying in Travestere across the river but maybe everything is walkable from this point?
Can anyone shed some light on the card and its value? Thanks for any help - i don't want to spend my money on a bad thing!
Gloria

Posted by
32740 posts

It is my bedtime and I can't give my usual detailed answer.

There was a similar thread over the weekend with discussion.

There have been a number of similar threads over time. The general consensus is that the Omnia Card is exceedingly overpriced and of little value to most.

The Roma Pass is now quite expensive but many people who plan well get their money out of it and it helps them

You don't need either to use the buses. Individual tickets are easily available and €1.50 per ride. I always get the 7 day or 3 day ticket which for me always pays off. If you really will cross the bridge on foot both ways each day and walk everywhere you can manage with a few single tickets. You may need new soles on your shoes at the end,

Posted by
4152 posts

The omnia is terribly overpriced. You can easily book the sites you want to see from the official sites and not spend half as much. If you're worried about transportation you can buy a three day pass or just buy individual tickets as you need them. You can also book tours from the official sites and not pay the mark up that Viator charges. All in all, stay away from the omnia pass and book on your own. If you are visiting a lot of sites see if the romapass will save you money (you must visit at least 3 of the sites covered by the pass) and buy it if it will.

If you decide to do the math on the value of the omnia pass please use the official costs and not what the omnia pass claims the costs are. Some of their more outrageous claims are that it costs 14 euros for St. Peters basilica and 14.5 euro for the colosseum and 14.5 euros for the forum and palatine hill. These are all lies. St. Peters is free to enter. The colosseum, forum and palatine hill are a combo site that costs 12 euros to visit all three. Their other entry fees are incorrect as well but you can look those up to see how far off they are.

donna

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you Nigel and Donna,
Wow! I will try your suggestions and look at the Roma pass and price things out. Good to know about the inflated pricing and that transportation is really cheap enough. I'll continue to look at the other options - thanks!