Please sign in to post.

October 2008 weather in Italy

I am looking at planning a trip for my birthday. Looking at a few places in italy.
what is the weather like in venice, Florence and Rome.
I won't be able to do all three. I plan to be in paris for my birthday and have some family to visit in the UK so I want to add on a few places in Italy.

Posted by
525 posts

My husband and I just returned from Italy last week. Venice - we had a couple nice days and a couple rainy days. Florence was very rainy for two days. Rome was rainy and nice. Cinque Terre was a day of very heavy downpour and nice for a couple days. Just take your raincoat and umbrella and be prepared.

Posted by
712 posts

We went to Rome, Cinque Terra, and Venice - Sept 14 and returned Oct 1. We were going to go in Oct, but were told that is the start of a rainy season. We decided to go earlier because we were renting a self drive boat for a week on the Venice Lagoon area. We had 1 day of rain in Rome and 2 days in Venice. You will probably need a good rain jacket in England anyway. Plan to layer under it as necessary. Have a great Birthday celebration. I had bought my rainjacket for our Alaskan cruise a few years ago. It had goretex in it and a hood. That is sometimes easier then an umbrella depending on the wind. Maybe Oct will be less crowded. It was crowded everywhere we went in Italy.

Posted by
22 posts

We were in Rome, Florence and Venice from mid September to early October and the weather was sunny for 18 of the 19 days we were there. It rained part of the day one day in Florence near the end of September. The weather ranged from 22 to 29 degrees celsius every day.

Posted by
32 posts

My husband and I spent 16 days in Italy from Oct. 8th on. A week in Umbria visiting hill towns. Weather was beautiful - low 70s daytime, 50s night; same with Sorrento/Amalfi area. Of the 5 days we spent in Rome, 2 were in the low 60s, 3 back to 70. No rain except for one night. Great vacation.

Good luck and enjoy all that it has to offer.

Frances