Please sign in to post.

noise cancelling headphones

Are they worth $350? I know there is no such thing as true noise cancelling, but love the idea of less noise on a long flight

Posted by
23574 posts

Duplicate question. Try to answer the other one so the answer stay in one place.

Posted by
2788 posts

I bought a set from SAS when they were on sale for $100 less than the top rated Bose. The SAS were the 2nd best rated after the Bose for noise cancelling. They are big and cover my entire ear. I think I paid $200 for them a couple of years ago. They really work well and I am very happy with them.

Posted by
393 posts

FIRST

Your question belongs in the "electronics" section of the forum. NOT under a specific country.

SECOND

You didn't any details, so I don't know that you really care for much feedback.
Anyone answering will just be "spinning their wheels."

Posted by
7737 posts

Nice work, Kathy. You should get a job in investigative journalism.

Posted by
16409 posts

LOL, Michael! I so often make use of past postings for digging up details that might help answer an OP's most current questions that scanning posting history has become sort of a habit!

Posted by
171 posts

Just received a pair of the Bose “noise masking sleep buds” and I love them! They work with an app and you can chose multiple sounds/white noise. I like that they give an alarm and phone alert option. They retail at around $250, so not cheap, but they’re definitely worth it to me.

Posted by
3 posts

I just bought Cowin noise cancelling headphones....from online you know who...about $50...seem to work fine around the house. Not tested on plane, but spending big bucks seems crazy.

Posted by
5697 posts

Target is currently selling Sony noise-cancelling headphones for $39.99 -- I have used these for numerous 10+ hour flights. Somewhat bulky to carry during the trip, but they work fine for me.

Posted by
573 posts

I absolutely love my BOSE in-ear noise cancelling headphones. They have made my life so much better. I even wear them overnight in hotels with loud noises. So very comfortable. They are worth every penny to me. I even wear them at home outside when the gardeners are all out with their noisy blowers. Cuts the noise right out. Splurge and get them. You deserve it!

Posted by
2768 posts

I have a cheaper pair but have borrowed the $$$ Bose ones from someone before. The Bose are better but neither is perfect. Also something about the noise cancelling makes my head feel funny. It’s weird. I’d try a pair before you buy. In store would be fine - turn it on and see how much store noise is eliminated and make sure it doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable.

What IS worth it to me is a comfortable pair of overear headphones and a white noise soundtrack. I use my noise cancelling headphones as headphones - they have nc and regular mode. More comfortable than earbuds and I like white noise over the weird sound of noise cancelling.