Please sign in to post.

No luck getting around the 403 error on Colosseum ticket site

This isn’t urgent, because I can’t book tickets for another month, but nothing I’ve tried can get me past the 403 error (octofence) when I try to see available ticket options on the official colosseum ticket site. I’ve tried disconnecting from the VPN, multiple browsers, and 4 different devices (my laptop, my work laptop, my iPad, and my phone with Wi-Fi turned off) all to no avail. I’ve tried on different days. I’d been able to view ticket availability just last month, so I’m not sure what changed. If we do need to book exactly 30 days in advance at the exact time tickets are released, that’s going to rule out our ability to try to get on from a different physical location—there’s not much open at 2:30 a.m.
Has anyone figured out a work around other than those I’ve already experimented with?
Thanks!

Posted by
16358 posts

Ruth, it has been giving me the 403 error for days as well. I don't need tickets myself; just checking availabilities for other folks with questions. It's a pain for all of you who DO need tickets!

The explanation I'm seeing over on the TripAdvisor forum about this problem is that Coopculture experienced some sort of outside corruption threat to the website and has blocked some IP locations until they can figure out where the threat is coming from. They are reported to be slowly re-instating the blocked IPs; it just appears to be taking time.

I guess some people have been able to get around it by going to different IP locations or using different devices but I haven't tried either method myself.