Please sign in to post.

new year's eve in Venice

Hello,
My husband and I will be in Venice for New Year's Eve. We are looking for a good restaurant that will not cost a couple hundred for each of us. Do restaurants take reservations or is it first come, first serve? Also, are restaurants open on New Year's Day? Any other tips/comments for being in Venice for New Year's are welcome.
Grazie mille,
Carol
Los Angeles

Posted by
8728 posts

For dining, reservations are always important in Venice, but even more so during the holiday period. Many visitors will be seeking to dine at the same popular locales, and any recommended eatery will be in demand. For dining on Christmas and New Year's Day, there will be few privately owned restaurants open, so you'll likely be choosing a reliable hotel restaurant such as the Monaco or the Met, or opting for Chinese, pizza, or perhaps the Cafè Florian on the piazza…at least to enjoy a cioccolato caldo (pure, hot chocolate).((No matter what activity you choose -- even if it's simply wandering the city -- you'll always savor the special atmosphere that reigns in Venice throughout the holidays. Buone feste!((

-- Nan McElroy

The above is from her helpful blog. http://livingveniceblog.com Worth a gander.

Posted by
1446 posts

Try Rosa Rossa. We ate there 3 times in 5 days & loved it. It's a casual and lively place & the food was really good. Their prices were very reasonable & the quality of the food was excellent. I would email them & inquire as to whether they'll be open New Years Eve &/or New Year's Day.