The new decree has been issued, so there are some rules starting today. Officially are valid until the 31st f January, but is possibile will be extended.
- green pass (or similar CDC document): is obtained with a full vaccination (two doses, plus booster if required), healed by Covid, doing a swab.
- Super Green pass (or similar CDC document): is obtained with a full vaccination (two dosis, plus booster if required), healed by Covid.
The new rules are:
- face masks (FFP2 or better, surgical, hand made) are compulsory outdoor, doesn't matter the color of the Region. Are mandatory (like before) even indoor in places like restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets...
- face mask (FFP2 or better): are compulsory in indoor crowded places (means, are required to enter, even if the place is almost empty!), like theatres, cinemas, sport domes and so on. Is mandatory in stadiums, even if outdoor.
- Super green pass is now required to enter in bars (even if you only drink a coffee at the counter), restaurants, and similar places. Is required even to enter to sport events (stadiums, indoor domes and so on). Is required to enter in gyms, pools, spas and so on. Is required even in museums. To be short: any place except shops.
- The green pass (and the super, of course) will be valid only 6 months! Are calculated from the last injection (second dose or booster). So check your CDC certificate. This rule will be applied from the 1st of February. At the moment is valid 9 months.
- All public free events with free access has been canceled. For example: new year's eve concert and fireworks show in the main square of the city. All events in theatres, restaurants instead can be confirmed with the rules of the indoor places (FFP2 mask + super green pass). All night clubs (discoteche) are closed until the end of January (but is still in discussion if this rule starts today or from the 2nd of January).
- a swab is mandatory before you enter in Italy from another country. Random tests will be done even when you arrive and if you are positive you have to respect quarantine of 10 days. Any traveller not vaccinated have to respect a quarantine period.
Nothing else at the moment.
For a vaccinated foreign traveller the only great change is the mask mandatory even outdoor. Not a big effort in my opinion and not a reason to be worried to travel in Italy. Enjoy a period where there aren't so many tourists!