Boy oh boy, their website is difficult to interpret.
I want to book a guided tour of the Colosseum and underground in english for me, my wife, and my 4 kids (ages 5, 10, 12, & 14). We'd like to take the tour on Saturday morning, April 11, 2020. My question has two parts:
- Which tickets do I want to buy for my family?
- When do the tickets that I want become available for purchase?
WHICH TICKETS SHOULD I GET FOR MY FAMILY?
The following is based on my research. Please correct me where I'm wrong.
- It looks like I want to book the "FULL EXPERIENCE ENTRANCE + UNDERGROUND ENGLISH TOUR".
- My wife and I will get "FULL ENTRANCE" tickets (33€ each)
- My 14 yo will get "FREE TICKET + TOUR (people under 18)" (11€)
- My 5 and 10 yo will get "FREE TICKET + FREE TOUR (people under 12)" (2€ each)
- Does my 12 yo qualify for the "people under 12" ticket or will he need to get the "people under 18" ticket?
- As US citizens, I'll remember to mark our nationality as "Stati Uniti".
- We will print at home and we will need to stand in line to get our children's "free" tickets.
- What else should I know?
WHEN DO TICKETS BECOME AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE ONLINE?
According to this page on their site, it looks like it's probably Thursday, February 20 (this Thursday) at 5:30p local time in Rome (11:30a EST--my timezone). Is this correct? If not, what is the correct time/date?
Pre-sale of Full Experience tickets with scheduled entrance time to the Colosseum Arena, both online and through call center.
Thursday 20 FEBRUARY 4:30 p.m.
Pre-sale of Full Experience tickets with scheduled entrance time to the Colosseum Underground, ONLINE ONLY
Thursday 20 FEBRUARY 5:30 p.m.
Thank you in advance for your wisdom and advice!