Please sign in to post.

Navigation

How do two 80 year olds get a bus from Spello (Umbria) to Urbino and from Urbino to a town with a train station to Milan?

Posted by
7042 posts

There are a couple of options for each city pair you mention. Check on Rome2rio for each journey from city to city and it will show options. If you choose an option and go into it you'll see the bus/train company for further research on how to buy tickets and where the buses or trains originate and stop.

Posted by
3812 posts

Assuming you are headed to Milano Centrale, You have two options with Trenitalia:

• a through ticket from Spello to Milan (one or two changes depending on the departure hour)
  • a bus from Urbino to Pesaro and a train from Pesaro to Milan. You can get both tickets on www.trenitalia.com/en.html in a single purchase. I'd take the bus that departs from Urbino at 8:00 AM, but there is another one at departing 10:30. In any case you'll be at Milano Centrale in the afternoon.
Posted by
11356 posts

One of my favorite tools when I need local transportation abroad - or even it intraregional transportation - is Google Maps. Will you have a smartphone with you? If so, I will happily run through the process to find a way from Point A to Point B. It is not a way to buy tickets, but a good planning tool and even a predictor of when the next bus you need will arrive.

Posted by
64 posts

Yes! I have a smart phone and have just recently learned how to use the "Maps" app that is on it. Don't be impressed by my use of the word "app". I have a smart phone but I am not smart about using it. So, I would gladly welcome your instruction on how to navigate this tricky part of this (probably) our last trip to Italy. Thank you in advance.

Posted by
32875 posts

Hi, esther. Is your phone an iPhone or one of the others? They do things a bit differently...

Posted by
1625 posts

Hi Esther, I find that watching youtube videos on mostly anything is the best way to learn. I am sure there is a tutorial on how to use Maps on IPhone. I just fixed my new coffeemaker yesterday with a youtube video.

Posted by
32875 posts

Apple Maps is getting better and is the default Maps app on iPhones.

I think that Google Maps is much better and very easy to use. It can be installed for free in the App Store on your phone.