Please sign in to post.

Naples to Sorrento

What is the best way to get from Naples to Sorrento? Bus, train, car service or hydrofoil?

Posted by
6898 posts

The Circumvesuviana train works just fine and the fare is about 4Eu. The journey takes about an hours. Yes the train gets crowded but it is the local. I don't think there is bus service from the Naples train Centrale train station. There is bus service and private car service from the airport, however. The hydrofoil is great. The hydrofoil dock is a bit more than a mile from the Naples train station. You can walk it or take a city bus. Also, I don't think that the hydrofoils operate all year round. You don't indicate when you are going.

Posted by
2876 posts

If money is no object, car service. It's the only one that'll take you door-to-door.

Posted by
2394 posts

I would take the local train for the 4 euro rather than car service.

Posted by
1829 posts

The ferry services between Naples and Sorrento operate (weather and sea conditions permitting) all year round. http://www.alilauro.it/orari.php?id_tratta=9:10&lingua=english&cartella= Check nearer your date of travel for an up to date timetable. PS - I would (and do) use a car service but these days we like to travel door to door in comfort! And depending on where you are staying in Sorrento, you may have to use a taxi when you get there and their prices are horrible. Target price for a transfer service is about 70 - 80 euro depending on time of day/year.

Posted by
30 posts

We had rented a car so the drive from Naples to Sorrento is not difficult either. Very beautiful drive once you actually hit the coastline. I'm jealous, have a nice trip.

Posted by
3551 posts

If you are staying ion Naples then hydrofoil/Ferry is best.