Please sign in to post.

Naples to Positano

My husband and I are taking a Celebrity Cruise which docks in Naples. Is it possible to go for the day to Positano? how would we go about it? Any other suggestions? We don't want to stay in Naples.

Posted by
247 posts

There are many places to get to from Naples by train or boat. We took the train to Pompeii then on to Sorrento and Capri....took ferry back to the port to meet the ship. Another time we took ferry by the port to Positano and then took the bus ride back to Sorrento and then train back to ship. You'll be suprised how easy it is to get around by train.

Posted by
536 posts

Toby - I almost always agree with Steve BUT - In this case I would definitely take the hydrofoil to Sorrento and then - The Sita bus to Positano. An absolutely beautiful trip - no problem at all connecting back to your ship - I've done it a lot of times!
And, by the way, the hydrofoil is a few hundred yards from where your ship docks - You can see it from your deck!!

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
425 posts

Here is an easier way:

1. The a hydrofoil from Naples Beverello Port to Positano. Your ship will dock approx. 400 yards from the Beverello Dock. Schedules:

www.metrodelmare.com

ALTERNATIVELY (and when the hydrofoils don't run):

1. Take the SITA bus from the Varco Immacolatella direct to Positano (without needing to connect in Sorrento). Your shiup will dock approx. 500 yards from the Varco Immacolatella. The bus operates from Monday to Saturday at 8:45 a.m. and at 9:10 a.m.

www.sitabus.it QUADRO XV

Posted by
10 posts

Thanks so much for your replies. Does anyone anything about how to get around in Sicily, Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Rhodes, and Santorini? Our ship docks in all these ports. Thanks so much!!!!!

Posted by
536 posts

Toby - 15 minutes up to The Acropolis from La Plaka - In Kusadasi My friend Ahmet owns Melisa's Bag Boutique - In Turkey there are no patent or trademark restrictions so they make EXACT copies of Prada, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Fendi. etc. - You can literally tear the bags apart and not find any difference in quality or design versus the same bags in the U.S. - Difference - Here $1800/bag - There $45.00/bag
In my friend Mahmut's shop - Full Leather he has the finest leather clothing for ridiculous prices as well as a jewelry store next door with the very best for great prices. Both shops are less than 10 minutes from the ship.

Greg