Please sign in to post.

Naples Hotel for one night

Hello
I will need to stay one night in a hotel in Naples to catch an early morning flight. I would love a recommendation for one that is in a safe neighborhood and possibly near the airport. Thank you.
Kathy

Posted by
4212 posts

Naples airport is about 20 minutes drive from the parts of the city you would wish to stay, less in early morning. Try Hotel Piazza Bellini, and have whatever hotel you choose book your taxi in advance. It will be a set price (around 20 euros is my recollection).

Posted by
461 posts

Staying at a hotel at the seafront on Via Partenope is a good safe option. Part of the street is pedestrianized and there are several restaurants nearby. We stayed at Grand Hotel Santa Lucia for one night before flying out of the Naples airport early the next morning. There is a rank of taxis right next door that you can get an early morning ride to the airport in about 20 minutes. There is a view of the marina and Castle Ovo and the Bay of Naples. There are several hotel options on Via Partenope.

Posted by
19 posts

Hi, we stayed at Eurostars Hotel Excelsior Via Partenope 48, Lungomare Caracciolo , Naples which I think is very close to the above mentioned hotel. I did a direct booking on their website, joined the email list and was upgraded to a beautiful huge corner room. It was one of the most elegant places I stayed in Italy. We had a wonderful lunch on the boardwalk and then were able to walk up thru the main town during the evening. In the morning there were plenty of taxis available to take us to the airport.

Posted by
11052 posts

I recommend Palazzo Alabardieri in Chiaia area near the walking path, Lungomare, along the seafront. Safe area, nice hotel.

Posted by
311 posts

We stayed at Palazzo Decumani in the historic city center. A wonderful hotel with several restaurants in walking distance to the hotel

Posted by
391 posts

My wife and I will also be in Naples one night, at the tail end of our time, for a 9:15 flight to Switzerland.

If someone is staying "just" overnight, why get a hotel room so far way from the Central train station and/or the Alibus location (5 Euros per person?).

i.e.
how much of a pain was it to get to the hotel w/ luggage as opposed to a place near the train station?
are the transfer buses packed, so you prefer a taxi?
the buses start at 6 AM or 6:30, so that could be a factor

One of my debates is being more westerly so we have a bit more time to eat something before leaving the hotel. With a 9:15 flight, is that silly?

Thanks

Posted by
62 posts

I also recommend the Hotel Piazza Bellini. It is near the Archeological Museum. As a single female traveler, I felt very safe in the neighborhood. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Posted by
2667 posts

Kathy and Evan, My SIL and I are staying at UNAhotel 1/4 mile from Napoli Centrale train station. We return our rental car at Hertz/NAP airport early evening then have an early train the next day to Venice. No time or energy to sight see, especially after a 5 hour drive from Calabria. It's all about convenience at that point. I have no idea if the hotel is good or bad, but ratings on Trip Advisor and Booking.com said it's good.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you all. This makes such a stress reduction for the travel plans.

Evan, My flight is a 6:30 am which makes a difference on transportation to the airport.