Please sign in to post.

Naples hotel

We will be in Naples for one day and night in early November before catching an early morning flight home after several weeks in Italy. I would like to stay in an area in the heart of things since we have such a short time, but I'm not sure where that should be. Any recommendations from those of you in the know about Naples? Also looking for a private guide for the afternoon. Most interested in churches, art, and street life, more so than the Archeological Museum, but we'll be there on a Tuesday when that museum is closed anyway. Haven't heard back from Roberta Mazzarella who sounds perfect, but I'm using info from the RS Italy 2011 version. Hoping for one last wonderful day in Italy! Appreciate your suggestions.

Posted by
32214 posts

Ruth,

I'd highly recommend Chiaia Hotel. It's certainly in the "heart of things" and in a nice area. Be sure to stop at the Grand Cafe Gambrinus at the end of the block for some coffee & pastries or Limoncello. The helpful hotel staff should be able to arrange your transfer to the airport.

If Roberta isn't available, you could also try Pina Esposito who is also an exceptional guide. I believe she's listed in the guidebook as well.

Posted by
972 posts

Thanks, Ken, for recommending the Chiaja. I had looked at it before and thought it looked good but didn't know much about the area. Now to pin down a guide.

Posted by
715 posts

I really like B & B Soriano 44 and Il Vicoletti 46 one block away from Piazza Dante and a 3 minute walk to the Archaeological Museum. The neighbor hood may seem bit rustic for some, and the entrance to Il Vicoletti is well worn, but the rooms are nice and the roof top garden is just wonderful. This to me, is part of the charm. Also, it is very reasonably priced.

I love Naples