Please sign in to post.

Naples

My apologies for the lack of search on this topic but I have very limited internet at this location. I’m looking for hotel recommendation for Naples. The purpose is a three day layover between travels in the north and a resort stay on the Amalfi. Would like to take a trip to Pompeii during one of those days. I’ve heard and read the talk about Naples but it fit our plan. Something close to the train station would be ideal. Suggestions. Thanks.

Posted by
2469 posts

I stayed at the Starhotels Terminus adjacent to the train station in Naples. Quiet room and hotel is near lots of good restaurants. I took the Circumvesuviana train to Pompeii for the day.
email to the hotel is: terminus.na@starhotels.it
It was 165 Euros for 2 nights for 1 adult. in April 2017.
Enjoy Naples! It is one of my favorite cities.

Posted by
11156 posts

Nice, safe area near the sea in Chiapas district, Palazzo Alabardieri.
I would not want to stay near train station. Take a taxi, flat rate.

Posted by
1292 posts

We were happy with the Unahotels (I hope that's the correct name), it's very convenient for the main railway station but also for visiting Naples itself - the cathedral for example is only about 15 minutes walk, the sea a bit less. Plenty of restaurants to choose from at night and small streets to explore on the way back to the hotel after dinner.

Posted by
2186 posts

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Oriente and really enjoyed it. It was 14.5€ to the train station and we were in the heart of Naples the rest of the time. We loved Naples and felt safe, even when we accidentally walked into an anti-Salvini demonstration on our way to dinner.