Please sign in to post.

Naples / Amalfi coast

Hello,

I arrive in Naples Friday evening 12th of July, and need to be in Ortigia 18th (will probably fly from Naples to Catania).

I'm unsure for the moment will a friend join me from Friday to Sunday (in which case we would probably spend the time in Naples (which I know quite well), maybe an island).

I would like, apart from Naples: (in order of preference)

• 2 nights in Procida (ideally 16th and 17th)

• Path of the gods

• Sorrento

• Horse-riding tour in Vesuvius area

• Pompeii / Herculaneum

Is the following realistic :

Saturday and Sunday in Naples (possibly Pompeii Saturday if alone (how long there & back?); Sunday, possibly morning trip to Vesuvius horse-riding tour (they collect & bring you back to Napoli)

Sunday evening - bus Naples to Agerola (is this direct?). Stay in Mamaral B&B (perfect for Path of the gods?)

Monday lunchtime - get from Agerola to Sorrento - any ideas?

Monday afternoon - see Sorrento - specifically any places Nietzsche stayed. Stay in Sorrento Monday evening.

Tuesday morning - no direct ferry Sorrento > Procida. Take 9.10 Ferry to Ischia Porto. Then one of many ferries from Ischia Porto > Procida (perhaps spend a couple of hours in Ischia Porto)

Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday evening, Wednesday and Wednesday evening in Procida

Early Ferry to Naples Thursday, go to airport, fly to Catania

Could anyone let me know on the questions and how feasible the above is?

Normally, I dislike packing a lot in (holidays are for relaxing & reading!) But, I'll have a week in Ortigia afterwards and know the area there well so will be lounging around, relaxing and reading. I won't have a car in Naples, and will probably have a small carry-on suitcase. I'd prefer to avoid taking two forms of transport to get from A to B as one spends one's time travelling half the day!

Any thoughts VERY welcome!

Best regards,

Andrew

There are no replies to this topic.