Please sign in to post.

NAP Naples arrival in 2024

Next year my wife and I will be arriving in Naples on a direct flight from EWR Newark US. Scheduled arrival time is 1:00 PM. How long should we expect to spend getting through customs? Note that we will be traveling around Italy, Switzerland, France and depart from the UK on the QM2.

Posted by
7057 posts

Impossible to predict but figure at least 2 hours from landing

Deplaning takes a bit of time

You will be going thru Passport Conttrol- that’s what takes most time
No telling how many other flights will be arriving same time

Then you pick up your checked luggage ( if you have checked bags)

Customs is a simple matter of walking thru correct door “ Nothing to Declare”

Posted by
15899 posts

NAP has e-gates for passport controls (since 2016) therefore you will self-scan your passport at automatic gates before exiting the 'international area'. Apparently it takes seconds to go through.

NAP has very few flights from outside the European Schengen area (where no passport control is necessary), mainly from the UK and a couple from Dubai, in addition to the UA flight from EWR, the only one from North America (currently it arrives early in the morning, so make sure your 1:00pm arrival is correct for your trip).

Therefore I surmise that your passport control process will not be a long one, unless you travel on some major holiday (like Christmas or Aug 15, etc.).

Baggage retrieval (if you check in baggage) is what might take a bit longer, but overall I think that from the time you hit the tarmac to the time you exit the airport on the curb, it might take no more than one hour.

Posted by
2 posts

United departs EWR Newark NJ US at 10:15 PM and arrives in Naples at 1:00 PM the next day.
We'll plan on the 2 hours mentioned and if we get through faster we will be pleasantly surprised.
thanks for the information!