Please sign in to post.

My 10 day Itinerary

Hello,

I am planning a 10 day trip to Italy with my 2 adult children and have been told by an Italian resident that I have too much planned. I spent a lot of time on the itinerary and am hoping it is doable without being exhausting. My children are 21 and 23 and I am an active 55 yr old.Here are my plans:

D1 Arr in Rome and have an easy day. Walk around see Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon
D2- Morning: Papal Mass, St Peters, 3pm: Ancient Rome Tour

D3- VATICAN Depart Rome on speed train Freecia Rosa to Florence at 7pm
D4 - Mass (Gregorian Chant) no other plans til 2:30pm VESPA Tour in Tuscany Chianti Vineyards

D5- Cinca Terra Hike/Bike Tour (5070Cinque)-10ppl
D6 – FLORENCE Museums
D7- Travel Day from Florence to Naples Speed Train No plans.

D8- Tour to CAPRI & BLUE GROTTO

D9 Tour to POMPEII & ALMALFI COAST (6530almalfipompeii) 8 ppl max
D10 - Train back to Rome. May take regional train to Cassino to meet rep from angels research in helping us learn family history
D11- Depart Italy

My remaining questions aside from the amount of activity is whether there is a way to visit Positano? I hear it is a must see but understand it is hard to get in and out of. My thought is could we go to Pompeii on Day 7 later in the afternoon once we check-in and on Day 9, go to Positano and the Almalfi Coast. Not sure if there is a tour to do that combination?

Which Vespa Tour? One is through Florencetown and goes to Impruneta and the other is through Mytours and begins in Badesse in Siena and then goes into the Chiant area and Monteriggioni.

Lastly, does anyone have experience finding relatives and doing family research ?

Thank you! Annalisa

Posted by
1103 posts

For a trip of this length, I would limit it to two locations. Also, I would seriously reconsider a Vespa tour due to safety cosiderations.

Posted by
4105 posts

I too would skip the Cinque Terre.
One additional day in such a short amount of time makes a big difference. Your trip will flow much better if you do this.

D1. Arrive Rome, train (90min) to Florence.

D2. Florence instead of a Vespa tour, take a bus tour into Chianti.

https://www.getyourguide.com/s/?q=florence&lc=l32&ct=172&searchSource=4

D3. Florence. Museums.

D4. Train Florence-Sorrento 4.5 hrs.
Fast trains Trenitalia, commuter train Circumvesuvian.

http://www.sorrentoinsider.com/en/naples-to-sorrento-train-schedule

D5. Sorrento. Amalfi Coast tour.

https://www.sharedtours.com

D6. Sorrento. Capri.

D7. Sorrento-Pompeii Scavi check luggage at either Circumvesuvian station or for free at entrance.
Late afternoon train to Rome. 1H10m.

D8. Rome.

D9. Rome. Papal Mass.

D10. Rome.

D11. Travel.

This maximizes your time and you end in the city you fly out of.

Posted by
2111 posts

Do Rome south or Rome north but not both.

The issue is not stamina but enjoyment. You’ll miss the essence of Italy at this pace. Our most cherished memories from Italy and all our European trips are the relaxed, unexpected moments. Your schedule does not allow serendipity.

It’s like chug-a-lugging an $80 Chianti Classico Reserva. It can be done, but it misses the point. Familiarize yourself with La Dolce Far Niente.