Please sign in to post.

Mt. Etna

Hello! I would like to take a half day tour to Mt Etna with a pickup in Taormina. I am looking for an easy hike. Maybe with the cable car and the land car afterwards. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
153 posts

It's been more than 20 years since I was there and can't remember how I got there and back! But I also have used Viator when in Europe for day trips. I remember some hiking and then riding in "moon vehicles" with enormous tires and having some free time. It was broilingly hot that day but really cold and very windy way up high.
https://www.viator.com/Sicily-attractions/Mount-Etna/d205-a7649

Posted by
2 posts

We booked a tour with Etna Tribe for this June. Pick up in Taormina. We chose the sunset tour with a hike in the caves and a stop for local products because we will have two kids under ten. Reviews looked good- we shall see!

Posted by
145 posts

One of my best days ever: ETNA PEOPLE tour. Pick ups at your hotel, small mini bus, great guide etc etc. loved it!

Posted by
13 posts

Thank you everyone for your great advice. It will help in choosing what we do !!

Posted by
14 posts

I'd love to hear what you ended up doing at Mt Etna. We are going in July and I'm wondering if we can do it without a tour if we have our own car.
Thanks!

Posted by
13 posts

Hello! We don’t have a car so We booked the Go-Etna Summit hike for our energetic son to go to the top. We booked a private car with Sunny Sicily for a wine tasting and Etna tour, via cable car and 4x4. If you watch Rick’s video of Sicily, he takes the cable car and 4x4.