Please sign in to post.

Monterosso to Florence via Pisa

I have no difficulty getting train info from Monterosso to Pisa but cannot get info that I think is accurate from Pisa to Florence. ( I am sure that it doesn't take 9 1/2 hours). Would appreciate any insight on how to do this in a day. THX

Posted by
8124 posts

maybe you are trying to book to far in advance?
you don't say dates or what site you are searching so there is no way anyone can say what the problem is.

Posted by
7175 posts

A couple of services from the current timetable that would suit ...

IC 651
Dep 09:07 MONTEROSSO (Italy)
Arr 10:17 PISA CENTRALE (Italy)

RE 21456
Dep 15:12 PISA CENTRALE (Italy)
Arr 16:00 FIRENZE S.M.N. (Italy)

Posted by
3812 posts

If it says 9 1/2 hours you must have entered a date of travel after the summer timetable change of June 11.
Local trains can't sell out and there are no discounts for advance purchases, you just have to wait.

If you're going to get an italian sim card with internet access, the latest fashion is buying the regional tickets using Trenitalia's app on the day of travel. Of course if you can't switch you mobile on for whatever reason when needed, you are actually travelling without a ticket. I've already seen a couple of grumbling conductors waiting for kids' iPhones to be charged.

Posted by
5289 posts

Barbspender,

You may check train schedules on, Trenitalia.com.

Choose the following train stations as mentioned by David:

• Pisa Centrale
  • Florence = Firenze S.M. Novella

There are several Regionale & Regionale Veloce trains traveling from Pisa to Florence every day.

Enjoy your trip!