Please sign in to post.

Montefalco

Anyone have any tips to share about Montefalco? How to get there from Rome on public transportation, we will not have a car. Also, places to stay? We have been there before on a wine-tasting day trip but would like to spend more time exploring the area.

Posted by
20238 posts

I can see that there are Regionale Veloce trains from Termini to Spoleto, and there are buses from the station to Montefalco, but I don't know the bus schedule without more research. It's doable.

Posted by
11613 posts

I am taking a bus from Spoleto to Montefalco as well, there are several each day (except perhaps Sunday).

Posted by
30 posts

Thank you both for your replies. We are going to Italy in October, but I will check out the bus schedule. I'm also looking for recommendations for lodging.

Posted by
906 posts

Montefalco is a great town. the main piazza is very nice and has a couple of good restaurants around it. Also, gelato stores. Great views if you walk out to the east. And, and, and, Arnaldo Caprai winery not far away. Try the sagrantino di Montefalco!!!

Posted by
11613 posts

I have a reservation at Albergo degli Alfreschi; haven't been there yet, but it gets good reviews on booking.com. I will be there before your trip, I will post something about it when I get back.