Please sign in to post.

Milano Expo 2015

How much time should I set aside for Expo 2015 ?

Posted by
19637 posts

I guess we are still waiting for reports to come in after it opens this week. Trenitalia and SBB are putting on extra trains just for this, so I guess they are betting that it is going to be a big hit.

Posted by
16893 posts

It's a big campus, so you'd want at least a full day. Whether it's enough fun to return for a second day is probably what the visitor reports will tell.

Posted by
500 posts

People working in it say it is huge and it could take more than a full day to see everything. News are that some buildings are still to be finished so maybe there could be more things to see if you visit it in September than if you go there at the very beginning.

Posted by
15041 posts

I think many pavilions are not ready yet and should be ready only after the Expo closes. Finishing things on time is not an Italian specialty. During the 1990 World Cup they were still painting the stadiums while the spectators were entering.

Posted by
5 posts

We have a 4-hour layover in Milan, traveling from Rome to Paris. Will the Expo create more than usual congestion in the train stations? Specifically, Centrale and Garibald. We were hoping to possibly check our luggage in Centrale and hop on the metro to see the Duomo, then come back and get our luggage and get a taxi over to Garibald. Just wondering if the Expo will make it a bit more difficult, as far as logistics and lots of traffic.