Please sign in to post.

milan hotels

we are looking for a hotel in Milan for 2 nights prior to starting the 17 day italy tour in sept, any suggestions? thanks John

Posted by
974 posts

I really liked the Berna also. Great price when we were there and an easy walk to Cental Station where you could take the subway locally or trains anywhere else.

Posted by
32220 posts

john, I normally arrive for tours a few days early, and stay in the same Hotel that the tour uses. That makes it easier to "blend" into the tour (although sometimes I have to change rooms when the tour starts). As that tour starts in Varenna, you could also consider heading there straight away for the two days prior to the tour. It's a fantastic location and a perfect spot to recover from jet lag! You'll normally get information on your first and last Hotels fairly soon after booking the tour. Have you received that yet? As the tour gets closer, you'll receive a list of ALL the Hotels you'll be staying in, along with a list of your fellow tour members and the Lead Guide. Do you know yet who your Guide will be? If you'd prefer to do some sightseeing in Milan for a few days prior to the tour, you could have a look at This Hotel. You'll be receiving the Italy Guidebook with your tour package, and that lists lots of Hotels also. You're in for a treat on the 17-day Italy tour! Happy travels!

Posted by
1633 posts

Last September, we stayed at the Best Western Major located south of the Duomo on the yellow line of the metro. The Best Western chain of hotels are more upscale in Italy than in the States. The staff, our room and the buffet breakfast was all wonderful. It was also just steps away from the metro.

Posted by
10257 posts

Michelle has dredged up every old post to primate staying at a certain B&B. Why???

Posted by
3313 posts

Michele posted on Tripadvisor, too. I note her enthusiasm about the breakfast room "en suite". Personally, I would be uncomfortable with all of the other guests gathering in my room in the morning to eat. Also, she wants to spend more days there the next time to "explore the area". Wow. I must have missed the charms of Somma Lombardo. Maybe she wants more time to shop at Malpensa?