Please sign in to post.

Milan Hotels

Hi!

My three friends and I are flying in to Milan, spending two nights and plan to take the train to Venice to meet our RS tour. Any suggestions on what area of Milan to stay in and hotel ideas? Thanks for your help.

Posted by
32209 posts

Deb,

One Hotel that's within walking distance from the Duomo is Hotel London (I believe it's listed in the Guidebook). It's a nice Hotel and the rooms are very comfortable.

I agree with Rick's advice in the Guidebook - don't bother with the breakfast at the Hotel. The breakfast room is VERY small, and via Dante is only a few steps away so there are lots of choices (including McDonalds if you feel "homesick").

Happy travels!

Posted by
23 posts

I just checked Trip Advisor on Hotel London and two reviews mentioned bed bugs so I think I'll try elsewhere. Would not be the best way to start our trip and I'd never hear the end of it. Ha!

Posted by
500 posts

We stayed in the Hotel Grand Duca di York and really liked it. It is near the Duomo.

Posted by
4 posts

I have a recommendation for when you are returning - assuming your return flight is from Milano Malpensa airport also.
Twice now for RS tours I have joined, on the return I stay at a place Rick mentioned in one edition of his Italy book. It is a nondescript place but the point is that it is near the airport and has a shuttle to and from the airport. When I am finished in Milan around 5pm I go to the airport and have them pick me up there. Next morning they take me back to the airport before my flight.
The Hotel name is "Hotel Cervo" and it was listed in Rick's Italy book Milan section in the paragraphs about the airport.
http://www.hotelcervo.it/english.htm
(This URL worked today, 03-06-2010).

Posted by
87 posts

Hello Deb,

I have second the vote on Hotel Duca di York.
My family and I have stayed in '07 and '08. For us, its like our second home and I would stay in no other place. The staff is very friendly and helpful. On our first trip to Milan, I was terribly jetlagged and with only a few Euro. The nearby ATM was difficult to use, and at one point didnt return my card. My wife went to the hotel for help. A kind elderly gentleman from the hotel discretly assisted me with the transaction. The Duomo is less than 10 minutes away. Additional, they serve excellent breakfasts and the rooms have always been spotless.
Regards,
David

Posted by
1003 posts

In July 2009 we stayed at Hotel Berna which is a very easy walk from the Central train station. Rooms were very nice, staff helpful and the best breakfast buffet we have ever had in Europe! For a lower price I booked online in advance with c.c. We were in the main bldg. but they also have an annex across the street. Read reviews on tripadvisor.com Would definitely stay here again. There is a metro stop closeby and very easy to get to Duomo and other sights and never felt unsafe in the neighborhood.

Posted by
10222 posts

Michele has dredged up every old thread about Milan to promote a certain B&B. Why???