Please sign in to post.

Milan - Hotel location

Looking for feedback relating to where I should book our 2 nights in Milan knowing we will need to leave Milan early morning to go to Malpensa airport on our day to depart. Any recommendations for location and actual hotels? Thank you!

Posted by
1059 posts

When we were in Milan last September, we stayed at the Windsor Hotel Milano. Our choices were limited due to the World's Expo being held in Milan. It was a very nice hotel within easy walking distance to the train station and to the metro. It was not inexpensive. If you were to book a room there, ask for an interior room. Our room overlooked a major intersection and the street trollies were a little noisy.

Posted by
11613 posts

Hotels Garda or Berna are a 5-minute walk from Milano Centrale. There is also a train to the airport from Milano Cadorna, closer to the airport, but I don't know that neighborhood.

Posted by
288 posts

LP,

I have stayed at Hotel Garda several times. It is within my budget (which is always tight), easy to get to, and very close to Milano Centrale train station.

Posted by
23309 posts

I would support Hotel Berna. It is handy to the Centrale train station.

Posted by
1540 posts

I'll second or third the votes for either the Hotel Berna or the Garda. Perfect location to get around Milan.

Posted by
20201 posts

The London Hotel has been recommended by others, close to Cadorna station. Cadorna is not really closer to the airport, but the trains make at most one stop on the way, so it is a 35 minute ride, vs 45 to 55 minutes for trains from Centrale. The part of town by Cadorna is also closer to tourist destinations like the Last Supper, Duomo, Castello Sforza.
I am a fan of the Berna though, when the price is right.

Posted by
62 posts

Thank you all for your recommendations, much appreciated.

Posted by
32847 posts

I've never had a problem at the Berna (they have another hotel across the Swiss border in Lugano as well), the breakfast is pretty decent for an understatement, and super convenient to Milano Centrale.

Posted by
62 posts

Thank you for the suggestions. A couple of these are not available on my dates so my search continues