Please sign in to post.

Milan hotel

DH and I will be in Milan for 2-3 nights in July. Appreciate hotel recommendations. Our maximum rate is $300/ night although would prefer less. We've been to Milan already and seen the Duomo, Galleria and Last Supper. Intrigued by the sounds of Navigli and Porto Nuova. We love exploring cities, going to museums, appreciating architecture, etc. We are comfortable using the metro but prefer not to be in a boring suburb. Reading Rick's book, he made it sound like July was a soft season in Milan but the rates I've seen are much higher than anticipated. I have checked out Rick's recommendations as well as TripAdvisor and booking.com. Hearing from those of you have enjoyed your Milan hotel would be great. Thanks!

Posted by
11500 posts

We enjoyed our stay at Antica Locanda Leonardo located near “ The Last Supper” Their breakfasts are terrific and it has a garden too.It is a nice area of Milan to stay in.

Posted by
9 posts

I enjoyed Hotel Gran Duca di York in October for several nights. Centrally located and great service.

Posted by
44 posts

We also enjoyed our stay at Gran Duca Di York last September, and I believe they are within your maximum nightly rate. Great location, excellent service at the front desk, lovely rooms, and an excellent buffet breakfast. Highly recommend.

Posted by
3 posts

I'm a part-time Milan resident (from Orlando, FL). July and August used to be quiet months, but the last few years tourists have been flooding the city during the summer, which might explain higher hotel rates. The 2 hotels I've experienced in Milan were the NYX (right next to Stazione Centrale) and the NH Corso Buenos Aires. Both modern, well located, and very nice, and not crazy expensive either. Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
11636 posts

We have been staying at the Hotel Berna https://hotelberna.com/en/ for 13 years or so. Some years more than once! 5 minute walk from Stazione Centrale, one street away from the Metro, fabulous breakfast and great staff. We would not stay anywhere else.

Posted by
1532 posts

I've stayed at three different hotels in Milan. The Gran Duca di York is by far my favorite and located round the corner from the Ambrosiana. I've also stayed at the Hotel dei Cavalieri, on the tram and by the Missori Metro, and the Grand Visconti Palace Hotel, near Porta Romana. Reportedly football clubs playing against Inter Milan stay at the Grand Visconti, but I didn't see any players. :-D It's not as centrally located as the other two and a little "grand" for my taste but it might be less expensive since it's not as close to the Duomo but still very much in central Milan.