Please sign in to post.

Milan Hotel

Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Duomo. Has anyone stayed at any on Rick's list.

Posted by
87 posts

Ciao Kim,

My family and I have stayed at the Duca di York each time we've visited Milano. The hotel is a short 5 minute stoll to Piazza Duomo. We consider the Duca di York our home away from home when we're in Milano. The staff has been extremely helpful and the rooms are always clean. We appreicate this after a long flight with transfers.

Cordiali Saluti,
David

Posted by
14 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Canada in Milan last month, a lovely small 3-star hotel, about a 15-minute walk to the Duomo. Breakfast is included. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, giving us a restaurant recommendation when we asked, and the food there was excellent. The hotel is also very close to a Metro stop, so it was no problem getting back to the train station. Hotel Canada has plenty of good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
501 posts

I agree with the recommendation of the Duca di York. It is a very nice hotel in a great location.

Posted by
951 posts

I just booked a room with HOtel Star. The rooms look cheesy as heck, with jungle animal murals but we will only be there for 1 night and it is near the Duomo, I believe. I am going in Nov, so I got the room for 104 euro.

Posted by
10227 posts

Michele has dredged up every old thread about milan hotels to promote a certain B&B. Why???

Posted by
672 posts

I also recommend the Hotel Gran Duca di York (www.ducadiyork.com). We stayed there in March 2011 for several days. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, served an excellent breakfast, and had a very helpful staff. Location-wise, it is literally across the street from the Pinoteca Ambrosiana and 5 minutes walk to the Duomo. We would definitely stay there again.