Please sign in to post.

Milan

I just learned you need an app to arrange cabs in Milan. What app are folks using? Any travel tips for two days for transport? We are in Milan Sat. and Sunday in mid Nov.

Posted by
6434 posts

Any travel tips for two days for transport?

Metro, trams and buses.

Posted by
133 posts

Milan has a excellent metro system. So I would prioritize that.

I dont know about a Milan specific taxi app. Paris for example has an app/company called G7 - its like Uber - but the drivers and cars were so much better than the one’s we experienced with Uber

Posted by
1393 posts

I hope Milan still has some of their charming old streetcars —- those were fun to ride in!

Posted by
471 posts

We bought a two day transit pass and it worked very well for us. There are a lot of fun weekend markets in May. There might not be as much fruit and veg in November. The prices in the markets were very good and interesting to walk around. We did a cooking class and it was fun.

Posted by
6918 posts

I hope Milan still has some of their charming old streetcars

They still do!
As for the taxi app: it used to be myTaxi, and now it is Freenow (which is useful throughout Europe). You won't need taxis within the city, in most cases.

Posted by
15213 posts

You don’t necessarily need an app to use a taxi in Milan. You can also call or walk to a taxi stand. Hailing a taxi is not practiced in a Italy, therefore it is not a viable option in most cases.
The most utilized app in Milan is ItTaxi
https://www.ittaxi.it/

Posted by
3047 posts

We were in Milan 2 weeks ago.

1) Buy the all-day ticket immediately upon arrival. E4/day. We made a mistake of buying a single ride ticket for E2 when we could have bought a full-day pass for E4.

2) On Day 2, Metro went on strike. We found that a combination of the 3 other systems (suburbans trains, trams, buses) could solve our problem of getting around. We just needed to improvise and ask questions. Young Italians esp were very helpful.

You probably don't need cabs or other such services.

Posted by
6434 posts

I hope Milan still has some of their charming old streetcars

They still do!

But they have modern low floor trams as well.