Please sign in to post.

Milan airport hotel?

We are staying at our last leg of this trip in Reggio Emilia which btw is a lovely town. Our flight goes out Sunday morning at 1030am and I am debating if we should leave Saturday and stay at the airport hotel? I am also concerned dropping off the car rental with no one there on Sunday early morning The long drive back in the middle of the night is not something I like to do. Does anyone know if I can find a hotel at the airport after I drop off the rental? Thanks

Posted by
104 posts

There is a Sheraton in the Malpensa Airport. There is not a more convenient location and it's easy to drop your bags at the hotel and then take your rental car back, and walk the short distance back to the hotel. The rooms are nice, and it's great to roll out of bed and have a very short walk to your gate.

Posted by
1078 posts

There is a Hilton Garden Inn near the airport and they do have a 24 hour shuttle; you can drop your car at the airport and then call them, however, it's up to you to have their number to call (it on their website and the Hilton website). Last I stayed there it was €85. My son usually stays at a Marriott MOXY about 1 mile from T2 for the same price or less, depending on the time of year.

Posted by
3518 posts

I stayed at the Sheraton Malpensa last September. Nice hotel, connected to the airport and a quick 2 minute walk where you never have to go outside. I would suggest staying there. Rates for random dates start around €100.

Posted by
906 posts

Moxy in Terminal 2 (a Marriott hotel).

Posted by
32206 posts

Susanne,

With a 10:30 flight, you could easily stay in Milan the night prior to your flight and take the Malpensa Express in the morning. You can stay either close to Milano Centrale or close to Milano Cadorna. Cadorna is in the vicinity of the Duomo, Sforza Castle and some of the other sights, and travel time to the airport is only about 40 minutes.

Posted by
792 posts

I stayed at First Hotel that had a free shuttle to MXP and a very good restaurant next to it.

Posted by
1018 posts

Someone above suggested spending your last night in Milano and it is a most cogent suggestion. We can highly recommend the Hotel Berna on Via Napo Torriano near the Stazione Centrale. It is an outstanding property and we have stayed there many times. When we return to Milano this October we will be staying at Hotel Berna. They also serve the best breakfast in the city, the rooms are immaculate, and the staff is absolutely first rate.

You could take the Milan Shuttle Bus to MXP, you could take the train from Stazione Centrale located 400 meters from the hotel, or hire a private car. Up until last year we always used the Milano Shuttle Bus, but now we use the Blacklane Limo Service.

Buon viaggio,

Posted by
1003 posts

I will second Hotel Berna located near Milano Centrale. Best breakfast buffet ever! We have also stayed near the airport at First Hotel and used their free shuttle which was very convenient.

Posted by
332 posts

Thank you ! We actually decided to drive the morning our flight left and it wasn't bad at all. At first I drove to terminal 1 but I realized my mistake and we went to terminal 2 . dropped car off and from there it was fairly easy to get to the Delta terminal. We left around 430 am and arrived around 630 am. Not a bad drive and I saved money for my next trip to Italy!

Posted by
49 posts

I recently stayed at the Moxy at Terminal 2. For an international flight to the US you will have to get to Terminal 1 either on the shuttle or by taxi. The Moxy was a fun and reasonably priced hotel. Make sure to go to the Milan airport with at least 2 hours if not more to spare. There will be long lines just to check into an airline like Delta or American and they check your passport many times. You also have to walk a long way to get to your gate.

Posted by
332 posts

Thank you I have arrived back at home. Yes insane lines and I was very early at the airport like 7am. Flew Delta , long wait, lots of walking but since I allotted enough time I was able to sit, have that last espresso and shop at a gift shop. So yes always be early at the airport.