Please sign in to post.

MILAN

My sister and I will be in Milan for a night. Just wondering what we should do/see and any suggestions on places to stay?...preferably fairly cheap

Posted by
9109 posts

The main attractions would be the Duomo Cathedral, and the Last Supper painting (advance reservations required). For such a short visit buy a copy of the "Top 10 Milan" guidebook.

Posted by
73 posts

I recently made reservations at The Best Hotel. I read about it on this site and thought I would give it a try!

Posted by
151 posts

Go shopping at the Galleria. It's the first mall in the world and right near the Duomo. There are lots of business hotels in Milan that offer big discounts during the summer since that is low season for conventions. We checked Orbitz and found great deals. Be careful of location however, being too far from your sightseeing goals can erode your savings in taxi rides.

Posted by
207 posts

Lindsey,
Just returned from Milano. The Diocesan Museo (highly recommended by Rick) next to the Cathedral is closed for restoration. From what the security told me, I gather it will be for many months. We liked the Castle and the walk from the Castle to the Duomo, Galleria et al. The castle has several museums but the Civic was the best including an unfinised Michelangelo Pieta. We had a great meal at LaBraciole (recommended by Rick) just off the Piazza in front of the Castle. Also: The La Scala museum has a fascinating exhibit on Maria Callas and the years she sang at this great Opera House. George, Pittsburgh