Please sign in to post.

Milan

We are in Milan for just part of a Sunday (arrive Saturday evening). I really want to see the Last Supper. Has anybody done the Autostradale tour mentioned in Rick's book? I am torn between the tour and doing it myself if I can get tickets to the Lord's supper myself (they are not avaiable yet online for my date). If it is nice outside I want to do the Duomo rooftop. We have to leave for Venice sometime in the afternoon.

Posted by
7737 posts

I don't know about the Autostradale tour, but the Duomo rooftop was one of the highlights of our two days in Milan. It's just amazing.

Posted by
87 posts

Hello Deb,
We were unable to book to see the Last Supper as all the dates were filled. We were very disappointed as this was to be one of our highlites in Milan. Then it occured to me to book a bus tour with Autostradale. We did it and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The bus was comfortable, with a wonderful multi-national blend of Americans, Brits,Germans and Italians. Our multi-lingual guide was excellent, being extremely knowledgeable and witty. You're also treated to La Scala, The Galleria and a tour of the inside of the Duomo. You can do the roof top of the Duomo after the tour as the bus stop is across from the Duomo.
Saluti,
David

Posted by
59 posts

I have booked this tour. What time do they get you back to the Duomo? We need to go onto Venice later that afternoon and I am curious how much time we will have after the tour to explore a little bit more (like the rooftop of the Duomo).

Posted by
45 posts

I recommend a tour. Not sure if I had the same tour rick mentions, but I booked it at the tourist office. It wasn't very long and gave a nice overview of the city. The roof to view is great! Go for it!

Posted by
2659 posts

Make your Last Supper reservations via PHONE not internet (do a search on this site for many, many posts on this subject). Even if they're not online yet you might be able to make the reservation on the phone. I enjoyed the rooftop of the Duomo - spectacular actually, even on a really muggy/smoggy day.

Posted by
87 posts

Hello Deb,

I would highly reccomend the Autostradale bus tour. We took it last October and it was excellent. Our multi lingual guide was amazing, so knowledgable and so captivating with a good dose of humor. She added so much in depth perspective to all the important sites:La Scala, The Last Supper, Duomo and Galleria Vittorio Emanuele. The bus was comfortable and the driver only hit one FIAT (just kidding!)he was an exceptional driver.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
David