Please sign in to post.

Mid-scale accommodations in Rome Feb 2010

For my 60th we are starting to plan a trip to Rome for Feb 2010. For this trip I'd like something within walking distance of some of major site, say the forum within a mile (and I can walk walk walk and then some). I'd really like to find a good B&B or convent near the Vatican that isn't $250 a night. It's been 15 years since I was in Rome but for my 60th I'd really like to not have that room with a ground level window looking out onto the busy street sucking in the bus fumes. Am very open to options utilizing the metro as an alternative to central location but not a hour plus commute during off (ha ha) hours.

Posted by
23 posts

I would definitely recommend renting an apartment. I have done this three times in Rome. You can rent for as little as 3 nights, and you have a kitchen. Check out websites such as www.sleepinitaly.com, or www.natipoltri.it, or there are many others you can find. My friend and I rented a small apartment near the Vatican for 30 euro/person/night last fall. We were not looking for deluxe accommodations. It was very oddly decorated, but worked for us! We could walk to the Vatican, and a nearby rail station. I have stayed at other apartments near Campo di Fiori, and one near Spanish Steps.

Posted by
348 posts

Good location is between spanish steps and Trevi and pantheon. What is you price range and what are the dates required ?

Posted by
15604 posts

$250 = 170 euro today.

What is your ideal price range in euros?

A good resource is TripAdvisor where you can get rates and generally trustworthy reviews.

My understanding is that the Vatican is not near most of the major sites. I too am planning for Rome in February. The good news is that this is low season.