Please sign in to post.

medications

have been getting conflicting answers from people regarding carring medications.Does anyone have any comments on carrying pills in organizer or do they have to be in original bottles.
Traveling on delta airlines.

Posted by
1840 posts

We have carried our's in the original bottles, put into a separate plastic one quart bag, and in fourteen years they have never been looked at. I believe if you put pills into other containers they me be suspected by some inspectors and looked at. The original bottles have the original prescription labels that may be important to have with you.

Posted by
7737 posts

They won't look at your pills. I dump all mine in one bottle. Never had a second glance.

Posted by
1840 posts

Do you worry about chemical reactions between the different drugs in one container? You probably should.

Posted by
23343 posts

Nobody worries about pills unless you have a bag of 10,000 back to the US. Going into Europe hardily anyone looks at you for more than ten seconds. Harder getting back into the US. But by then most of my pills have been consumed.

Posted by
16411 posts

Put them in an organizer if you like. I have flown to Europe 18 times in as many years and no one has ever looked at the pills ( mostly vitamins but one year I was on adjuvent therapy for cancer and really needed that pill organizer to remind me!) TSA agents are not DEA agents. And in Europe, no one gives them a second glance. If you are taking narcotic substances such as oxycontin or codeine,you might want to carry a copy of your prescription just in case. But it is highly unlikely you will ever be asked.

Posted by
653 posts

Patty, I've never had a problem with meds, but I do keep a copy of the prescription (in case I need to refill it while traveling), and this would probably help if there's a sudden trend to look at meds.