Please sign in to post.

MEDICATIONS

I go to Venice every year and, as you know, travel restictions today are more inforced...Years ago, I would just put all my meds (without bottles)in one pill box with individual compartments...Should I now travel with all my meds in their original bottles to get me through customs faster??? Thanks...Joy

Posted by
2788 posts

I went to Europe last year (as you apparently did) and go every summer. I always take my prescription medicines in their bottles from the pharmacy and just dump the "over-the-counter" ones into smaller bottles than what they come in from Costco. I have never been questioned about any of my pills either in Europe or in the US. Now that I say that, watch out! I can see the "Pill Police" coming.

Posted by
23343 posts

Going into Europe is not a problem. Custom is a walk through the door with nothing to . Much easier than the US. By the time I return all but a few of my pills are gone so I don't worry about. But if you are return to the US with a large bunch of pills then you should have them well identified. I have always said it is harder getting back into the US than entering any European country.

Posted by
358 posts

In all the times I have traveled between europe and the USA I have never been checked for medications. If you take meds like Vicodin,Soma, or other pain killers just keep them in the original container.

Posted by
174 posts

I've always put all my pills, vitamins and medications included, in a single plastic bag (they are all different colors, so I know which is which). Nobody has ever paid the slightest attention to them, including at Heathrow, which is deadly on security.

Posted by
1446 posts

I had the same experience as everyone else...never any problems. I put all my supplements into little zip lock baggies & I took my one prescription medication in the original bottle but no one ever looked at them or asked any questions.

Posted by
6898 posts

I put my 30-day supply of medications and OTC pills in shared bottles. The bottles are a few of my larger actual prescription bottles. I've never been questioned about them either going to Europe coming home. And horrors, I even include my large fish oil capsules that actually contain a liquid.