Please sign in to post.

Marozzi bus from Rome to Sorrento

I am trying to find current information about the Marozzi bus which runs from Rome to Sorrento. The info on the Helpline and Trip Advisor is several years old and the Marozzi website is in Italian and I saw no British flag to click for English. If anyone has up to date info and/ or links I could follow to get this info it would be much appreciated!

Posted by
2876 posts

Go to this page: http://www.marozzivt.it/web.aspx Click on "prenota marozzi" On the page that follows, click on "ricerca orari corse" On the page that follows, enter your travel date, then "Roma" as the origin and "Sorrento" as the destination. Click "Go" and you'll see the schedule. If you click "Go" and nothing comes up, it means your date is too far in advance for the schedule to be available. It looks to me like Marozzi bus currently runs this route only once a day, with a 3 PM departure from Rome and a 7 PM arrival in Sorrento. The bus departs from the Tiburtina station in Rome.

Posted by
6898 posts

Jane, I was looking at this website yesterday. The website is indeed in Italian. Tom is spot on how to navigate this website. I saw a Marozzi 7:00am bus that runs from Rome Tiburtina to Amalfi. I bet it stops at Sorrento on the way.

Posted by
8 posts

Hello, I realize you may have already been on your trip, but I wanted to post some insight in case others look at your question. We visited Europe this summer on a Rick Steves tour which ended in Rome. We added a few days at the end for a trip down to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. In preparation, we had our Italian Concierge contact Marozzi to arrange round trip transportation. Our concierge could not figure out how to use their website either, so she contacted them directly. We purchased tickets over the phone, and our concierge told us that Marozzi said for us to simply show up at the bus terminal with ID to get our tickets. The next day we arrived early to make sure we had time to get tickets, board etc. At the ticket counter the attendants said we should have been issued or emailed tickets by Marozzi, and that whoever told us to simply show up with ID was wrong. The ticket attendant could not confirm our reservation nor issue our tickets. The bus was also sold out at this point. When the bus arrived at the station, we asked the driver if he could confirm our reservation, which he said he could not. He also repeated what the ticket booth attendant said, that whomever told us to show up with ID and no ticket was wrong. As you can imagine, we were stressed out trying to resolve this before the bus left, which it did. We ended up taking the train system, which actually got us there faster, but cost much more. We are currently contesting the charge with our bank, and Marozzi is claiming no fault. Just a warning to make sure they email actual tickets before boarding.

Posted by
32198 posts

Jane, Travel from Rome to Sorrento will likely be less of a hassle by using trains - Rome to Napoli Centrale via Freccia and then Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. Good luck!

Posted by
330 posts

Jane we took the Marozzi bus FROM Sorrento to Rome, we purchased the ticket from the bus station the day before since the bus left early. The ride was about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. To most this is the better choice of travel, other wise you would have to change trains in Naples. If you have the time the ride is very nice, the bus is clean and luggage is placed under the bus.