Please sign in to post.

Malta

I have a two couples who would like to go visit and tour Malta for a couple of weeks. Do you have any information about apartments, sites to visit, restaurants, and general information on this country?

Best,
Bill Stewart

Posted by
16894 posts

FYI, Bill, since there's no dedicated section for Malta on this Web site, the best way to see any older discussion of the region would be to use the Search function. Then you can filter for just Travel Forum and then by time period. My colleagues who've visited said they did not like Malta as well as most of Europe, but others may have different results.

Posted by
7049 posts

The Bradt Travel Guide to Malta, as well as Lonely Planet, are excellent resources on Malta and Gozo (you can find them on Amazon). Also, check out the visitor website at www.visitmalta.com.

Posted by
15595 posts

Getting around means either driving, being driven (guide or taxi) or riding the buses. Driving can be difficult, lots of traffic and they drive on the left side of the road, like the UK.

Posted by
38 posts

Bill....we traveled to Malta 3 years ago as part of a cruise. Only had one day there but got advice from a relative who was born and raised there who directed us to take the city bus to Mdina. It takes about 30 minutes to my best recollection. Mdina is a beautiful walled city with much history. If I were to go back I would take the trip again. The local busses were very easy to use and the driver made sure to tell us when to get off once he knew where we were going. The other benefit was that the cost....very inexpensive.

Safe travels.
Donna