Please sign in to post.

Malta

Has anyone been there? It looks interesting.

Posted by
241 posts

Not personally, but know tons who have. Apparently very nice. Hot. Could combine with Italy hol. Everyone speaks English, I think.
S

Posted by
31 posts

We took the family there for Christmas last year, and it was incredible! English is the official language, along with Maltese. We had no problem communicating. Travel is very simple with an excellent bus system. The busses were old but well maintained and clean, but I heard they have all been replaced recently. Very cheap prices, around 50-cents! Everyone was very helpful and happy to talk to us. Food (except for fish and rabbit) can be a bit pricy because just about everything is imported, but it was fantastic. The water was too cold to swim, but weather was beautiful and the beaches were excellent. We want to go back in the spring. Ancient history everywhere you look. Pre-Roman ruins and catacombs are well worth exploring. The churches are amazing, of course. We went to the tiny Anglican Cathedral for Christmas mass, but Roman Catholic is the primary religion. The World War 2 history is also moving and inspiring. The Maltese people are very special. We had a bad experience with Air Malta (horrible customer service and incompetent ticket agents) so I would recommend booking through a major airline rather than buying a ticket directly from Air Malta. We are already planning a return visit.

Posted by
8947 posts

I don't know when you are going, but one of the regular posters on here, Chani, just went to Malta this past summer and loved it. Hopefully, she will come and post some tips for you. It looks like a fascinating place.