Please sign in to post.

Malpensa Airport

I have a two day layover near Milan. I'm flying into Malpensa and could take the train into Milan but would rather spend my two days in a small historic village near the airport. Just want to walk about, enjoy some good food and relax. Recover from jet lag. A place I could get to easily by train or taxi. Do you have a recommendation for me?

thanks,

steve

Posted by
5217 posts

Steve,
When is your trip?

Have you considered visiting Lake Maggiore?

The Alibus travels to/from Malpensa to various towns along the Lakeshore
( Arona, Stresa, Baveno, etc).
You can also get there via taxi ( expensive) or via train.

Enjoy!

Posted by
11164 posts

Ranco on the SE coast of Lake Maggiore is perfect. We stayed there after we landed at MXP, not far.

Posted by
15193 posts

For just to nights, the closest nice towns are indeed on Lago Maggiore.
Of the many towns on the lake Arona is the closest. Stresa is another 15 min further north.
The Alibus linked by Priscilla is a way to get there. If the times don't work for you, since the bus is not very frequent, the other alternative is a Taxi from the airport to Gallarate train station (10+ min taxi ride or 1/2 hour city bus). Then at Gallarate you have plenty of trains going up to the lake. Arona is 20+ min from Gallarate by train. For Stresa you need about 35+ min. Either town has ferry service to all others.
There are more beautiful towns of course, but Arona is the fastest to get to from the airport.
By taxi or private car service it would be convenient but expensive. I know you need almost 100€ to Stresa, Arona a bit less.