Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage ?

Hi again,
We are traveling from Rome to Paris for 6 days and then back to Naples and on down to the Amalfi Coast. Does anyone have any information about storing the bulk of our luggage while we visit Paris? I have read about storage compartments at train stations, but not sure of its reliability.
Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Nancy

Posted by
2393 posts

There is info here for storage at Roma Termini - pretty expensive I think - 1 bag for 6 days is almost €43

There is also this service which quoted €29 for 1 bag picked up and delivered to Roma Termini and stored for 6 days

Add - I know a couple that asked their hotel in Spain to keep their extra bags while they went on a Holy Land Tour - the hotel was happy to do it - no charge.

Posted by
8150 posts

Nancy:

Have you considered cutting back on what you carry? We can travel indefinitely with a 21" rolling suitcase and my wife carries a large hand bag with medicines and personal items.

My mother never got the message that she didn't have to take 50 lb., huge suitcases. I just hate to think about my 75 year old father hauling oversize luggage throughout the world.

After our trip to Budapest/Bratislava/Vienna/Prague in April, I didn't even use half what I carried. With 5 golf shirts and two pairs of pants/jeans that have been heavily starched, I'm good. Ladies can mix and match easily too. Many of the places we stayed had washers/dryers, too.

Posted by
2393 posts

Nancy - it really is freeing to travel light. We did 42 days including an 11 night TA cruise. DH even had a jacket & slacks for dressier places. All in 1 carry-on each, DH had a backpack and I have a big a@@ purse.

It would also save a bundle!

Posted by
4535 posts

I agree with the others. Unless there is a special reason you will have extra luggage while in Rome, you should really try to pack so that you carry everything with you. Expect to do laundry about once a week or every 10 days. I always do some small items in the hotel sink every few days and a big laundromat load about every 10 days. You can get little packs of detergent in the travel/sample aisles of groceries or the big box stores.

Your hotel in Rome might be willing to store your bags. It depends on how generous they are and what their luggage storage capacity is. Sometimes they just keep the bags behind the counter and sometimes they are crammed in a little utility closet. If so, they just might not be able to keep them that long. The lockers or left luggage at Termini are safe enough, just expensive for that long.

Posted by
7737 posts

There are no "storage compartments" at train stations in Italy. There are staffed desks called "Depositi Bagagli" or "Left Luggage." They are only open certain hours. You might look into Bon Bags: http://www.bon-bags.com/sito/en/