Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage at Roma Termini

Has anyone used the “Stow Your Bags” lockers or other luggage check at Roma Termini station? Any feedback/ recommendations? One of the other services had bad reviews so thought I should check out options with this auspicious forum of travelers! I’ll have a standard size rollaboard - nothing huge but more than I want to drag around the streets more than necessary.

I arrive in Rome early a.m. & will be taking the train to Florence. In looking at the map I’d like to walk to a couple of sites before getting on the train which look very reasonable from the station but I don’t want to haul a suitcase.

Posted by
2047 posts

Noticed several postings on TripAdvisor about Roma Termini luggage storage. Looked like nist posts were possitive.

Posted by
2448 posts

Just wanted to mention that when you check luggage at a train station, you turn over your passport so they can copy it (just like when you check into your lodgings).

Posted by
32742 posts

and make sure you leave enough time to bail them back out in case there is a line or the attendant needed a cup of coffee

Posted by
23267 posts

The only thing we have used is the in-person luggage storage on the lower level of Termini. It is fine except there can be lines both to check in and out. I would allow at least an hour on return. It may have changed but there were no self-service lockers but it was several years ago.

Posted by
3109 posts

Could you perhaps change your train time to an earlier one?

Posted by
38 posts

Yes, I could take an earlier train. The possible extra time in Rome is by choice since I can’t check into the hotel in Florence until afternoon & I’ve been to Rome before but would kind of like to revisit a couple of highlights.

Posted by
32742 posts

pre-pandemic there were a few private companies near Termini who would hold bags for a fee, perhaps a little easier to use if in the right place and if they still get decent reviews... but I have no idea if many or indeed any have survived or if they still give a decent service at a decent price...

Posted by
2948 posts

Back in 2005, my sister and I checked our bags at the Rome Termini station, it was fine.