Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage

Occasionally, people ask about luggage storage, particularly at train stations. We need storage while we are at the Allied Landings museum in Catania. I discovered this morning that there are companies that facilitate storage at various businesses, sort of like an AirBnB for luggage. I found Vertoe, Radical and Eelway. Does anyone have experience dealing with any of these companies?

Posted by
27112 posts

I've never used any of those websites, but I once used a privately-run luggage-storage spot in Avignon. Everything went fine, but I had expected to find lockers (based on which information source, I do not recall), and there were none, so I had to pay separately for my suitcase and a small tote I didn't want to carry around. Minor financial impact.

I love the availability of those internet resources, because there are times when the logical way to see a sight is in transit, and a lot of train stations don't have left-luggage facilities. On a few earlier occasions I wandered into a nice-but-not-deluxe hotel, put some euros on the counter and asked whether I could store my luggage there for a few hours. That worked fine, too, but you never know when you'll run into a line of people at a hotel reception desk.

I'd recommend emailing the storage place you decide to use, just to verify it's still in operation and will be open at the hours you need for it to be.

Posted by
5581 posts

That is a good point, Ann. There was also a company called Atypical (what a name!) that when I tried to go to the link, seemed to be no longer in business.

Posted by
4105 posts

I don’t know who the provider is, but one at Catania rail station.

Luggage storage is available at the Catania Train Station daily between 8 am to 8 pm. The cost of storage is 3€ per item per day. The location of this luggage storage is: Near Platform 1

Posted by
5581 posts

Hi Gerri, Thank you. I read that phrase somewhere on my google search. Maybe Tripadvisor?? I believe I also read, that same storage location is now closed. I will certainly keep it in mind, but I'll have a backup plan.

Posted by
5581 posts

Thanks N_Kingdom. I do have links to the companies. Hoping to find someone that has used them and was also sharing for folks that didn't know there was such a thing. I do have a few options for the day we'll go to museum and its always good to have back up plans.