Please sign in to post.

Luggage Storage

Hello,
I will be studying in Rome(Vatican City area) this Aug-Dec.
After I will be travelling with one small bag for a week via train. Could you offer me suggestions as to where or what storage options are available in Rome? I will have two larger size suitcases. This seems to be a helpful place with many experienced Italy travelers. Thank you in advance.

Posted by
223 posts

I don't have any commerical ideas for you.

I had one idea is to leave your luggage with another student that you know who is staying longer and could keep your suitcases under her bed; or to ask the University if they might have storage available for you.

I know that train stations have luggage storage, but I believe that those are somewhat time-restricted (I'm not certain though).

Posted by
239 posts

There is left-luggage storage at the head of tracks 1 and 22 at Termini station (signs will direct you there). When we visited Rome, we left our luggage at Termini and took only a small bag while we explored Venice and Florence. I don't remember how much it cost, but I don't think it was very expensive, and it was very safe and convenient.

Posted by
239 posts

I'm seeing on other travel advice websites that the fee may be as high as 4 euro per day per bag. And I think my post about the location of the left luggage storage is out of date. Trenitalia has contact information on their website; you could call to ask. The customer service number is 89-20-21; If you're calling from home, begin with the international access code 011, then the country code, 39. Call and see if they can give you up-to-date information about Termini in Rome.