Please sign in to post.

luggage on train

Will be traveling from Rome by train to port to catch a cruise. Will have a 28 inch and a 25inch bag. Where do I put the bags on train? Thanks

Posted by
23296 posts

In the luggage bin near the entrance to the train. Those bags will be too large for the overhead racks. Depending on the seating arrangement they may be a small, stand up space between the seats that are back to back. But most likely you will need to use the bins. It is quick trip about an hour to the port.

Posted by
110 posts

If you want to use those luggage bins I suggest you be one of the first to board the train. The bins are only large enough for four to five pieces. We had full size luggage and managed to stuff them in the overhead. Some people had to place their luggage on their tables.

Posted by
1170 posts

Use the luggage rack at the end of the car or there is sometimes a designated area at the end of the seating area. Sit where you can keep an eye on your bags, especially when you are stopped in a train station. The luggage rack fills up fast, so try to be the first on the train. I use a cable lock to lock my bags to the rack as a precaution.