Please sign in to post.

Luggage on Frecciarossa 10000 Executive class Rome to Florence

Hi, Does anyone know: 1) where the larger luggage storage is in relation to the seats on Executive Class for the Frecciarossa 1000 high speed trains between Rome and Florence? I know that it is between the cars, but is it at the immediate entrance or exit into the Executive Class area or some place else on the train as I cannot seem to find train seating map? 2) If you have access to the Club lounges at the train stations can you get a porter to help you with your luggage like you can do with Amtrak? 3) I am assuming that if the ticket says direct there are no stops between Rome and Florence, but just want to confirm that direct = non-stop.

Thank you very much for your help

Posted by
27122 posts

Normally in travel parlance, "direct" means "no changes required"; it doesn't necessarily mean the train or flight is non-stop. You can check the details for your specific train on the easy-to-use Deutsche Bahn website. Find your departure time, click on "Show details", then click on "Show intermediate stops". I think you'll find there is a stop at Roma-Tiburtina Station.

Luggage porters are generally not available in European train stations, but I cannot say for sure that they do not exist at Termini. I would always assume I had to get my own luggage onto the train and stowed.

You may find photos of the train carriage you will be sitting in on the Seat61 website. You might be able to determine the location of the luggage rack there. Scroll about one quarter of the way down the webpage I've linked to.

Posted by
224 posts

Executive class on Frecciarossa, our favorite! Good choice. Luggage racks are in the executive car, you’ll have your own staff person but they do not always help with your luggage. Some do some don’t. You will have access to the lounge with your executive ticket and can inquire about a porter. We don’t travel with more than we can carry so I don’t have any info on that. Sometimes there are stops but they are quick stops.