Please sign in to post.

Looking for a special place to stay in Rome for honeymoon!

My husband and I will be spending 5 days in Rome during our honeymoon in early April (2025) and we are having a tough time choosing a hotel. Husband's first time to Italy and Rome, I've visited several times but haven't been since 2016. This will be our longest stay of the trip so we feel it's important to like our hotel. We would love to hear any recommendations this community has!

Originally posted in reviews, now posting in Destination Q&A at the suggestion of a commenter

About Us: Newlyweds, late twenties to early thirties

Budget: 300-550 euro/night

Location: Open to anything within ~25 minutes of walking distance from the major sites. Since this will be my husband's first time in Rome, something close to the major sites might be good (i.e. Regola, Parione, Campo Marzio, Colonna, Pigna, Monti, Trevi). Also open to Prati and Trastevere (I know these have a different vibe!)

Preferences: Has A/C, offers laundry service. Good with historic building but would prefer at least partially renovated rooms and nice bathrooms. Would like a moderately-sized room, ideally with a small sitting area or couch, since we are staying 5 nights.

Vibe: romantic, a little luxurious. Since it's our honeymoon we would love to do stay somewhere special and a little nicer than we might normally

What we will do in Rome: visit museums, do walking tours (history-focused), see the major sites, visit crypts/catacombs, eat lots of good food :) My husband is sober, so not focused on bars and that kind of nightlife but we do like to have a good time

Specific hotels we are considering and would love to hear feedback about: Hotel Artemide, Hotel Smeraldo, Hoxton Rome, Hotel NH Collection Romi Fori Imperiali, The Liberty Boutique Hotel

Posted by
2154 posts

Hi Kate, we stayed at the Villa Agrippina Gran Meliá in Rome February 2024. The hotel was very beautiful, with nice rooms and a good restaurant. There were several other restaurants and cafes within walking distance. We walked or took a short taxi to the Vatican, Coliseum, Forum, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps. I think it would be a good choice for your honeymoon, congratulations!

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/italy/rome/villa-agrippina-gran-melia