Please sign in to post.

lodging in Sorrento

We are still looking at lodging in Sorrento. We are planning our trip for September 2011, flying into Naples and bus to Sorrento. We would like to walk to town center. Keeping in our budget around $100-$150. If any of you have any suggestion please let me know. I have looked at TA and Rick Steves guidebook. One place I have checked on is Hotel Mignon, not sure location looks reasonable. Has anyone stayed there or any other suggestions on lodging, would like to have a view if possible. Thanks
Tom and Lois

Posted by
11658 posts

Haven't stayed there yet, but based on advice here and on TA, I booked Hotel Mura Antiche in Sorrento. Can't wait!

Posted by
16 posts

Laurel, thank you for your reply. When are you planning to travel to Italy? We will look at this hotel it looks very nice when you go to website. Did you book directly with the Hotel. Thanks
Tom and Lois

Posted by
195 posts

Hi Lois You must check out Hotel Sorrento City. Could not be better for what you are looking for. Its on the main drag so the view is only street below but its fun and oh so convenient to everything Mike DC

Posted by
11658 posts

We are going in December. Yes, I booked directly through the hotel website and received a very nice personalized note in return. It is supposed to be a quiet property, at least no street noise given the position with ravine on one side and garden/pool on the other.

Posted by
361 posts

Hi Lois, We stayed in Sorrento last November at the Antiche Mura, it is a superb hotel. Great service, nice rooms, wonderful breakfast and close enough to the train station that you can walk to it. It is only a half block from the main street in Sorrento. Google Antiche Mura and look at the hotel it is FABULOUS! Antiche Mura means ancient wall and that you too can see from the hotel.

Posted by
16 posts

Thank you for your response on our up coming trip to Italy. Do you have anyother suggestions for hotels. I have contacted both of the ones suggested and they are booked. Please let me hear from anyone who has a recommendation.
Our trip is planned for September 21, 2011. Thank you very much. Tom and Lois

Posted by
32325 posts

Lois, For Hotels in Sorrento, you could also have a look at: > La Tonnarella (somewhat "upscale", beautiful view of the bay from the dining room) > Hotel Desiree (shares a driveway and beach with Tonnarella, more "basic", owners are wonderful, has a nice roof-top terrace for sipping Vino in the afternoon Amalfi sun) > Hotel Settimo Cielo (also overlooking the bay) The above three Hotels are at the "far" end of town but not a difficult walk at all (at least iMHO). However, when hauling luggage from the station, I'd suggest a Taxi. Happy travels!

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks to all for information on lodging. I have contacted the hotels suggested so I will see what the response will be. Thanks for the information and if you hear of other places please let me know. Looking at the map hotels look a long way out on point but I am sure it is not that far. We do alot of walking on most all the trips we have been on. Thanks
tom and lois