Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Rome

We are seeking a hotel or b&b in Rome. We are two families each with two children. We would all prefer to stay in the stay room with our children. We want to stay close to the historical sites in Rome since some of the kids are young and not willing to walk too far, the train in Rome is not something we would like to rely upon and cabbing it will prove to be too expensive in the long run.

Can anyone recommend a place?

Thanks.

Posted by
58 posts

We used a site called "cross-pollinate" to find a place to stay. It is a company run by americans and is very reliable. It provides pictures, gives a map to show the location of the accommodation and good descriptions as well. There are hotels, apts. and B&B's.You can also put in a date and see if it is available when you need it. Just google the above words. If you have any problems finding the site just email me.

Anita

Posted by
10 posts

You have all been so wonderful. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!

Posted by
7209 posts

Try this apartment:

http://www.primitaly.it/appartamenti/casaparadiso/uk.htm

It's smack in the middle of the Historical Center, and it's a great apartment. We stayed with our 2 kids and it was SOOOO nice to have a wash machine, refirgerator, etc. It doesn't include breakfast, I walked out every morning to get my wife and me croissants, coffee, fruit from the vendors outside. It was really really nice. Thw owners live right next door and they were wonderfully helpful. The price was also SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than hotels.

Posted by
206 posts

We recently returned from a great two week trip in Italy. In Rome we stayed at Hotel Grifo, in a quad room (two adults and two teens). The room was small but nice; one queen and two single beds, and included access to a small terrace. Honestly we have more trouble finding that arrangement in US hotels than we did in Italy (the single beds were real beds, not rollaways). You would have to ask whether they had two quad rooms, but I think they do. We loved the hotel location (between train station and coloseum). The web site for the hotel is http://www.hotelgrifo.com/

Posted by
62 posts

I would suggest looking at apartments. We're traveling in Nov with my 22 month old son as well as my in-laws and felt having the extra space and a separate area where he can nap/go to bed early was important. I found many places in the EUR 150-250 range in the center (Piazza Navona/Campo di Fiori) area. Specifically, we booked the green apartment at Residenza Giubbonari (http://www.residenzagiubbonari.com/home.html) based on reviews on slowtrav, but can't give any personal comments since we're going in Nov. I focused on places for 4-6, but I know I saw some places that slept up to 8 and several places with apartments in the same building.

Enjoy your trip,
Paul

Posted by
1 posts

I found an apartment at www.vrbo.com. There are many to choose from and I have found the prices to be more reasonable than hotels. You would also have a full kitchen which would be great if travelling with children.

Have fun searching!