Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Rome

I am planning to visit Rome in December and I would like to get some advice in lodging (not expensive please)

Posted by
4152 posts

Use venere.com for hotels, B&B's and apartments. The termini and vatican areas will be the least expensive.

Donna

Posted by
951 posts

I have never been to Rome but I am traveling there in December too. i just booked a 4 night stay in Hotel Sonya, which is rather central and close to Termni station. It listed for 91 euro a night Dec 4-8, but if I pay in cash, it will be 83 euro per night. The rooms look nice, and there are some nice write ups on it on tripadvisor.
Kelly

Posted by
25 posts

www.rentalinrome.com

We rented an apartment in Dec of 2004 and were very happy. We liked having a kitchen where we could prepare breakfast (and other meals if we wanted), plus we had a washer (no dryer). We felt much more like locals than tourists :-)

My brother and I are using them again next week and hoping for another good experience.

Once on the website, you can search by area of town and scroll down to see prices. I think it's very reasonable. The 2 bedroom apartment we have rented for next week is 90 euros/ night for 2 people.

Posted by
28 posts

We have used Airbnb to rent a studio apartment in Paris (3 blocks north of Il de la Cite) and another in Rome (across the street from the Vatican)for under $100 per night. There were other places less expensive. Take a look.

Posted by
37 posts

Stay across the river in Trastevere. The trolley line runs right into Rome and at the end of the day it's nice to get out of the city and find a quiet neighborhood restaurant. We stayed at a B&B, but make sure you review all the ratings and do some research so you know where you are in relation to public transportation.

Posted by
1127 posts

Nicolas Inn near the Forum - great place to stay. In December you should find good rates, unless your stay is at New Year's Eve.

Posted by
1170 posts

I agree with Andrew, Trastevere is a great area to stay in with a neighborhood atmosphere, a vibrant nightlife, and endless restaurant choices. It is easy to access the city center via Tram 8.

Posted by
19 posts

Just returned from Italy and stayed 2 nights in Rome at Hotel Mariano Roma, and 4 nights at Hotel Saturnia. Both were near the Termini train station, served breakfast, and clean.

Posted by
23282 posts

On six trips to Rome we prefer to stay in the Termini simply because it is convenient to train station (avoid taxis) and the transportation hub of Rome. And most of the sites are walkable from there - a long walk but still walkable. We have used the Aberdeen, Sonya, and Contilla.

For Kelly, the Sonya is our prepared hotel via a very small margin over the Aberdeen because we think the breakfast is better but only slightly better than Aberdeen. We use the Contilla for a quick one night when just passing through Rome.

Posted by
187 posts

Hello,
We thoroughly enjoyed the price, cleanliness, and convenience of aromabb.it

The rooms are like little suites. We had a private balcony which was lovely.

A few blocks East of Termini. Extremely convenient. And with the small kitchen area, we were able to eat dinner and breakfast in the room which was a huge savings. Great grocery store lower level, East end of Termini station.

Have fun!