Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Naples October 2024

We will be staying in Naples for 3 nights in early October. What lodging recommendations do you have? We would like to stay in a nice part of the city.
Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations. We do plan on going to Pompeii, the Archaeological Museum, and take
the ferry for a visit to Capri if the weather permits.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Alan

Posted by
251 posts

I will be in Naples overnight on Nov 3 and staying at the Bella Napoli Suites through booking.com. I arrive at 630pm and will depart for Sorrento and eventually Amalfi so want to be close to the train station, arriving late and departing early the next day. When I return to Naples Nov 26 to Dec 4 will stay at Guipy's House by the Toledo Metro. In looking at the areas of Naples, narrow alleys, dark streets, confusing mazes, it's one thing to be in these areas during the day as I am S, F, 70+, solo traveler but another at night. I always rent apts and enjoy ones with character, quirky, fascinating history, tight staircases, right in the middle of the action, etc. For Naples i opted for Guipy's House, fairly modern, elevator, good area so that although I will not necessarily be out late (even 8pm) it will be dark around 5pm. I know it might not help that I haven't been there yet but just wanted to share my thinking with you about my choices.