Please sign in to post.

Lodging For Family of Five, Rome, Summer 2011

Please suggest reasonably priced lodging for a family of five who plans to spend two days in Rome during June of 2011. We plan to visit the Colosseum and the Vatican while there. Thanks for your help!

Posted by
15 posts

Only 2 days? Does that include leaving and departing or 2 full days? I like to rent apartments so I can cook, have a refrigerator but often they require more than 2 nights. Check tripadvisor.com and vrbo.com

Posted by
23297 posts

I assume two days means two nights. Are you looking for one room for the five? Ask or look on web sites for family rooms. Large family rooms are not overly common but many hotels will have one or two rooms that can handle a family with three children. Those need to be reserved in advance.

Posted by
1116 posts

Nicolas Inn now offers apts and the locations is about a 5-10 min. walk to the Colosseum and about a 5-10 minute walk to the Piazza Venezia where you can catch the bus to Vatican. I stayed at their inn last Oct and the owners, Melissa and Francois, couldn't be more gracious. Plus, Melissa's an American ! Check out their website Nicolasinn.com. And no, this is not a paid endorsement, I just loved staying at their B&B.

Posted by
7209 posts

Hotel Sonya is a RS recommended hotel and you can get 5 in a room. Spend more than 2 nights.