Please sign in to post.

lodging

We will be traveling to Cinque terre in the spring of '12
There will be 4 couples. Anyone know of a good farmhouse or villa with 4 bedrooms and at least 2 baths? or, failing that a large apartment?

Posted by
32212 posts

Dave, I doubt that you'll find a "good farmhouse or villa with 4 bedrooms and at least 2 baths" in the Cinque Terre. There may be something nearby, but of course that will mean transportation to and from the C.T. each day. I'm assuming that using a Hotel or Pensione has been ruled-out by the group? You might have a look at the Italy Guidebook to see if any of the properties might work for you. Do you have a preference for which village you might want to stay in? Good luck with your planning!

Posted by
14 posts

Many thanks to both Lola and Ken... I'll keep looking.

Posted by
16333 posts

Farmhouses and villas would be up in the hills, not in the Cinque Terre villages. Also, choices for apartments and other lodging for large groups will be limited next spring, due to devastation from the floods in Vernazza and part of Monterosso. But you can easily find what you are seeking by looking in the surrounding area; just Google v"Liguria farmhouses and villas for rent." There will be some listed on VRBO and some with agencies, such as this one: http://www.parkervillas.com/italy/liguria/house-villa-preboggion/8