Please sign in to post.

Levanto, italy

will be visiting Cinque Terre in early september and thinking about staying in Levanto. will have rental car and parking at train station seems to be less of hassle there, from what I have read. has anyone stayed in levanto before? any recommendations on where to look for decent accomodations. Seems like a lot of places are already booked.

Posted by
11613 posts

Booking.com shows Levanto 70+% booked for the first week in September, but there are still about 25 properties available in several price ranges.

Sestri Levante is a little further north on the coast, you might try that.

Posted by
32212 posts

cel,

There is parking in Monterosso, so if you wanted to actually stay "in" the Cinque Terre, that's also an option. There's a large lot right on the beach in the "new town" and a newer car park above the "old town". I don't know what the daily charges are? A few of the hotels also provide limited parking for guests. As I recall, Villa Adriana is one that has parking.

Posted by
320 posts

We stayed at Villa Clelia in Levanto . Good accomodations with easy walk to the train station. They also have parking which is a short ways from the B&B.
villa clelia reviews

Posted by
70 posts

We stayed 4 nights in Levanto at Hotel Villa Gentile -lovely outdoor courtyard with table and chairs-nice rooms. We also walked from the train station. In the early evening we would pick up fresh baked foccaia, cheeses etc. and have appertivo in the courtyard. Good transportation to Cinque Terre and Portovenere, Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino.

Posted by
13946 posts

On various Rick Steves' tours I have stayed in Monterosso twice and Levanto once. Levanto would have been fine if I had not stayed in Monterosso before! My feeling is that if you want to experience Cinque Terre, you should stay there and not next door. Levanto felt deflated to me and just OK. I loved the seaside cafes along the water in Monterosso in the new town area as well as the old town stores and restaurants.

Posted by
172 posts

I stayed in Levanto in May 2014 on a RS tour. We stayed at Albergo Primavera. Nice hotel, 1/2 block from the beach. I liked Levanto, not as busy and crowded as Monterosso. primaverahotel.com